- 8 Island Princess Baby Conch (the only conch not going extinct)
- 1 celery rib minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 aji amarillo minced
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 celery rib juiced, or chopped, pureed, and passed through a fine sieve
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 ear corn poached in salted
- water and sliced into 1/4" rounds
Remove all surrounding and interior shell from the conch; slice thinly.
In a metal bowl, mix sliced conch with celery, ginger, onion, and aji. Salt and pepper the mixture. Add the celery juice, lime juice, and finish with cilantro. Garnish with corn slices.
This recipe yields 2 servings.