Mushroom and Spinach Bowtie Pasta
- 1/2 oz. dried mushrooms
- 1 cup boiling water
- 8 oz. uncooked bowtie pasta
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 C. cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1/4 C. cold water
- 1/8 tsp. salt and pepper
- 5 C. baby spinach leaves
- 2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T. pine nuts, lightly toasted
Place dried mushrooms in a medium bowl and cover with 1 C. boiling water. Let stand 15 minutes. Drain, reserving soaking liquid. Rinse mushrooms and chop into small pieces; set aside.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and all mushrooms and cook until fresh mushrooms wilt and release juice (3-5 min).
Dissolve cornstarch in ¼ C. cold water and add to skillet with the reserved mushroom soaking liquid. Simmer 1 minute, until sauce thickens. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Pour hot mushroom sauce over pasta, add spinach and toss to combine. Add parmesan and pine nuts and mix well.
You'll also love
- Lemon Bread Pudding 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Trifle 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Babganoush-Hummus Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cajun Sweet Potato Fries 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Four Cheese Fettuccine 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mediterranean Mashed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Artichoke and Spinach Torta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corn, Spinach and Cheddar Cheese... 0/5 (0 Votes)