Sea Shell Pasta Bolognese
- 1 bag of sea shell pasta
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 large white onion, finely chopped
- Tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- 2 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- Garlic powder
- Sprinkle of basil
- Canola oil for cooking
Cooking time 30mins
Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the onion and cook till gold-ish color. Add ground beef with all the spices and cook, crumbling the meat with a wooden spoon, until the meat is brown.
Stir in the green pepper and cook for 3 more minutes.
Add tomato paste, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and 2 cups of water. Leave it boil on low fire for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil, add a tablespoon of salt, a splash of oil, and the pasta, and cook according to the directions on the box.
When the pasta is cooked, drain and pour into a large serving bowl. Add the sauce.
Serve hot with Parmesan on the side.