Sausage and cheese strata
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- dash of nutmeg (optional)
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 6 slices of 2 day old white bread -cubed
- 1 pound sausage-cooked, drained and crumbled (such as breakfast patties)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions (optional)
Spray a 9x13 baking dish with pam
Whisk eggs, milk, half and half, salt, mustard, nutmeg and pepper together
In baking dish, layer halfof bread, top with half of sausage, top with half of cheese, then half of scallions. Layer remaining ingredients in the same way for two layers.
Pour egg mixture evenly over the layers and press down so that everything is submerged.
Cover and refigerate over night.
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Uncover and bake for 1 hour or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. (careful no to burn)