Classic 7 Up Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup 7 Up
- 1/4 cup 7 Up
- 1/2 cup sugar
Adapted from texascooking.com
Combine butter, shortening, sugar, vanilla and almond extract in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour and salt, and add to butter/sugar mixture alternately with 1 cup 7 UP, beating well after each addition.
Spoon batter into prepared 10-inch tube pan, and bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then invert on serving plate and remove pan.
While cake is cooling, make the glaze by stirring together the 1/4 cup 7 UP and 1/2 cup sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and boil 1 to 2 minutes or until sugar is completely dissolved. Punch holes in top of warm cake with a toothpick. Spoon glaze over cake, and cool completely before serving.
You'll also love
- Beer Can Chicken with Cola... 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Cherry 7 Up Pound Cake 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Coca-Cola Chicken... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken and Rice Dinner 1/5 (1 Votes)
- Desserts - Gluten-Free Blueberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chiffon Pumpkin Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pepper Jack Chicken Taquitos 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Armenian Spice Cake 2.7/5 (3 Votes)