The Blueberry Pig
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup coarse cornmeal
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 24 Jones brand sausage links cooked to package
- 1 cup Maine blueberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10-inch springform tube pan with pan release. Mark the edge of the pan into 12 parts.
Stir together flour, cornmeal, sugar, powder, baking soda and salt. Crush the dried rosemary between your fingers into the dry ingredients. Mix together the yogurt, buttermilk, melted butter and the eggs. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until just moistened. Do not over mix.
Spread 1/3 of the mixture into the bottom of the pan. Place 12 sausages, lining up with the 12 marks on the pan. Spoon 1/3 mixture and spread, taking care not to move the sausages. Distribute the blueberries. Top with the remaining 1/3 of the mixture. Very lightly press the remaining 12 sausages into the top, lining up with the 12 marks.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Check with a toothpick or spaghetti strand at 45 minutes.
This recipe yields 12 servings.
You'll also love
- Teal Lake Pork Tenderloin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet And Sour Pork Balls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Susie Alper's Montana Potato Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sue's Chicken And Mashed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stuffed Hazelnut Chicken With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Brunch Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rich Ranch's Fresh Cranberry Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry-Jalapeño Barbecue Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)