- 2/3 cup + 1 tablespoon whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup whole grain corn meal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup corn kernels (I used unthawed frozen ones)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.Whisk ⅔ cup whole-wheat flour together with corn meal, baking powder and salt.
3.In a small pan over medium heat melt the butter. Whisk in 1 tablespoon whole-wheat flour and keep whisking until it begins to brown. Add the frozen corn kernels and let thaw in pan for a minute. Pour in heavy cream and whisk entire mixture together until it thickens (should only take a couple minutes). Mix in tablespoon of maple syrup and remove from heat.
4.Add creamed corn mixture, eggs, sour cream and grated cheese to dry flour mixture. Blend together well without overmixing.
5.Pour batter into a square or round glass baking dish.
6.Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.