Thai Stir-Fry Spaghetti
- 2 cups sliced chicken or fresh shrimp
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped garlic
- 2 small onions sliced
- 1/2 pound spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup scallions cut 1/2" lengths
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce - (to 2 1/2 tbspns)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar - (to 1 1/2 tbspns)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground dried chili peppers
- 3 tablespoons ketchup - (to 4 tbspns)
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 head lettuce
Cook spaghetti in boiling water and place in colander.
Heat oil in frying pan or wok. Brown garlic and onions. Add chicken or shrimp and the fish sauce, sugar, and ground dried chili peppers. Stir well.
Add a little more oil and scramble in the eggs. Add cooked spaghetti, ketchup, tomatoes, rice vinegar, and scallions. Mix well.
Remove from heat and serve over fresh lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with black pepper to taste.
This recipe yields ?? servings.