Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothie
This Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothie recipe is a quick and tasty way to pack some protein into your on-the-go breakfast.
- 1 1 1 tablespoon lemon juice fruit powder*
- 1 1 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 1 1 large banana, peeled
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup rolled oats, quick or old-fashioned
- 1 1 to tablespoon whole flax meal, optional; to thicken the smooth
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 5mins
Adapted from kingarthurflour.com
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour the mixture into a glass and serve immediately.
Any leftover smoothie can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Use up to 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice in place of the lemon juice fruit powder, if fresh lemons are what you have on hand.
*Note that flax absorbs liquid and forms a gel, which helps thicken your smoothie
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Rack of Lamb with Mustard-Shallot... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Turnip Green Dip 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Apricot Vinegar, Fig, Sweet... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Crisp Catfish with Apple-Celery... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- White Bean Spread 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Picadillo Poppers 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Pancakes with Blueberry Ginger... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)