Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Artichoke Hearts and Goat Cheese
Stuff everyday chicken breasts with goat cheese and artichokes for a sophisticated dinnertime favorite that's both easy and elegant.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) goat or feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried herbes de Provence or thyme, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 (4 ounce) chicken breast halves, skinned, boned
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Fresh parsley, Chopped (optional)
- Lemon rind strips (optional)
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add artichokes and shallots; sauté 4 minutes. Remove from pan; cool. Stir in cheese, 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each breast half to form a pocket. Stuff 2 tablespoons artichoke mixture into each pocket.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, and sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; sauté 6 minutes on each side or until done.
Remove from pan; keep warm. Add 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence and broth to pan; bring to a boil. Combine juice and cornstarch; add to broth mixture, stirring with a whisk. Cook 1 minute or until thick.
Return chicken to pan; cover and cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Garnish with parsley and lemon strips, if desired.
You'll also love
- Tahitian Vanilla Bean and Key Lime... 4.6/5 (52 Votes)
- Crumb-Topped Apple Slab Pie 4.6/5 (52 Votes)
- Crockpot Bacon and Potato Chowder 4.6/5 (45 Votes)
- Maple - Garlic Marinated Pork... 4.6/5 (45 Votes)
- Chicken Breast Stuffed with... 4.2/5 (78 Votes)
- Coconut Chicken Tenders with Honey... 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken 4.6/5 (49 Votes)
- Chicken, Artichoke Heart & Spinach... 4.5/5 (57 Votes)