- Pizza Dip:
- 1 pound hot sausage, casings removed (I use Jimmy Dean)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can pizza sauce (Don Pepino is my fav)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Garlic Bread Dippers:
- 1 French baguette, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4-1/3 cup parmesan cheese
In the insert of your slow-cooker, add green peppers, onions, garlic, pizza sauce, and parmesan cheese.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and red pepper flakes. Brown the sausage until it's cooked through, breaking it up with your spatula or wooden spoon as you go.
Add the cooked sausage to the slow-cooker with the rest of the ingredients.
Cook on low for 4 hours. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in mozzarella cheese right before serving.
Garlic Bread Dippers:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Line a sheet pan with the French baguette slices.
In a small sauce pan over low heat, add the butter and garlic cloves. Cook until the butter is melted, stirring occasionally. Once the butter is melted, add the salt and Italian seasoning. Cook on low for two minutes, stirring occasionally.
Using a pastry brush, coat the slices with the butter mixture. Top with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown.