Whole-Wheat Zucchini Bread
- 3 cups whole-wheat flour (I used King Arthur’s white whole-wheat flour)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil (I used coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional – I have tried both pecans and almonds, although walnuts would be good too)
Adapted from 100daysofrealfood.com
1.Preheat oven to 300 degrees F for small loaf pans or 325 degrees F for large loaf pan or muffins.
2.Blend the dry ingredients.
3.Make a well (or hole) in the center and pour in the eggs, oil, honey and vanilla. Stir just until mixed – do not overmix.
4.Fold in the grated zucchini and chopped nuts if using. Pour batter into greased loaf pan(s) or muffin holders and bake until a toothpick comes clean in the top/center of the loaf or muffin.
- If using smaller pans bake for 30 – 40 minutes. I was able to fill four of my small loaf pans.
- For one larger loaf pan bake for 50 – 60 minutes.
- For muffins bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
Enjoy and don’t forget to freeze the leftovers!