Cod Cakes with Tartare Sauce
- 312 g / 11 oz (roughly 1/2 large) celeriac, cut into small pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- 5 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 255 g / 9 oz cod fillet, skinless and roughly chopped
- 113 g / 4 oz cooked king prawns, cleaned
- 1/2 small egg, beaten
- 4 small shallots, very finely diced
- 2 tbsp capers
- 4 tbsp chopped gherkins
- 1 plum tomato, roughly chopped
- 198 g / 7 oz non-fat plain yogurt
Boil celeriac for 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain and place in a food processor. Stir in the garlic, spring onions, Tabasco, dill and lemon zest. Blend. Add the cod, prawns and egg and season with salt and pepper. Process again until fairly smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover and chill 3-4 hours or overnight for the mixture to firm up and to allow the flavors to develop.
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. Line a baking sheet with non-stick baking parchment. Divide the fish mixture into 8 portions and shape into balls. Flatten to form "cakes." Spray with cooking spray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
While the cakes are cooking, make the sauce by combining all the ingredients together in a bowl, season well and chill until ready to serve. Serve the cod cakes warm and spoon over the sauce.