Tequila Laced Gazpacho Cocktails With Grilled Shrimp
- 4 large tomatoes chopped
- 4 cucumbers peeled, chopped
- 1 red onion peeled, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 fennel bulb chopped
- 1 cup picked Italian parsley
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 jumbo (U-10) shrimp cleaned, deveined
- 1 tablespoon zatar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shot finest tequila available
- Lime slices for garnish
Combine the gazpacho ingredients, except the olive oil, in a blender and puree until smooth. Top with a little extra virgin oil.
Toss the shrimp with the herbs, seeds, and oil. Grill 3 to 4 minutes on each side until cooked.
In a chilled glass, top each gazpacho with a light drizzle of tequila and the rim of the glass with 1 grilled shrimp and a slice of lime.
This recipe yields 4 servings.