Spicy Sausage And Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds mild Italian Sausage - (6 links)
- 10 small new red potatoes quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 cup red onion in 1/8" thick slices
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 green pepper cut into 1" pieces
- 1 garlic clove minced
Cut sausage into 1-inch pieces, and marinate overnight in 1/2 cup Chianti. In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet combine sausage, potatoes, pepper, thyme, and garlic. Cook over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are browned (10 to 12 minutes).
Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook until potatoes are tender (8 to 19 minutes). Stir in remaining ingredients. Continue cooking, uncovered, until vegetables are crispy tender (4 to 5 minutes). Serve from skillet.
This recipe yields 6 servings.