Apple Custard Pie
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 medium apples, peeled, cored,sliced
- 1 each unbaked pie shell
- 1 each egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
1. Combine water, sugar, butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium dutch oven; stir well over medium heat. Stir until butter melts. Add apples; cover and cook for
minutes or until tender. Drain apples reserving 1/2 cup syrup.
2. Arrange apple slices in 9 inch pastry shell and pour syrup over apples. Bake at 450 for 5 minutes and reduce heat to 375 and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Remove from oven.
3. Combine egg and flour in small mixing bowl stirring until well blended. Gradually add whipping cream stirring until smooth. Pour over apple pie slices. Return to
oven and bake an additional 10 minutes at 375. Cool before slicing.
You'll also love
- Apple Streusel Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)