Chocolate Pecan Lattice Tart
- 1/3 C. semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 T. butter
- 3/4 C. pecan halves
- 3/4 C. packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 T. light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 pkg. refrigerated pie crusts
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place pie crusts on counter at room temp. In classic batter bowl, combine chocolate and butter. Microwave on high 20 seconds or until melted and smooth, stirring after each 20-second interval. Finely chop pecans. Add pecans, brown sugar, egg, corn syrup and vanilla to chocolate mixture; whisk and set aside.
2. Unroll pie crust onto lightly floured Large round stone and roll toa 13-inch circle. Unroll second pie crust and gently fold in half. Starting in center, cut folded crust crosswise into twelve ¾-inch-wide strips using crinkle cutter; discard ends so all strips are crinkled.
3. Spoon pecan mixture over center of crust on baking stone; spread to a 10-inch circle. Carefully twist six of the pie crust strips and place evenly over filling in horizontal rows. Twist remaining strips and lay over filling in vertical rows, forming a lattice pattern. Firmly press ends of strips onto edge of crust. Fold edge of crust over ends of strips, pinching edges to seal. Place additional pecan halves between lattice strips, if desired.
4. Bake 28-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes.