Spaghetti Meat Sauce (semi-homemade)
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef (I used 93/7)
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion (1 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (24 oz) can Hunt's 'Traditional' pasta sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Hunt's Petite-Diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Crushed red peppers to taste, optional
In a heavy, medium size pot over medium-high heat, add the ground beef and onion; season with salt, pepper, and garlic salt and cook until all the liquid has completely cooked out, breaking up the meat as it cooks and stirring constantly so the onions don't brown. Drain off any fat, if needed.
Add the remaining ingredients and simmer on lowest heat setting (just to maintain a light bubble) with a lid tilted for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Serve over hot cooked spaghetti (or spaghetti squash) with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and some crusty french bread or garlic bread.
You'll also love
- Rigatoni with Meat Sauce - Instant... 4.1/5 (30 Votes)