Creamy Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 6 ounces NO YOLKS® Extra Broad Noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Combine topping ingredients and set aside.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Add olive oil to a 7-quart stock pot, and saute mushrooms, celery, carrots, onions and garlic powder for 3-4 minutes over medium heat. Add chicken broth and thyme sprig and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Add cream cheese, Parmesan and noodles. Stir until well blended. Sprinkle flour over top of mixture. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until mixture begins to thicken. Fold in chicken.
Pour into a 3-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle on reserved topping mixture. Bake uncovered 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.