- 1 C. rice
- 3/4 # lean ground hamburger
- 1 1/2 C. small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 14 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 jar (28 oz) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 C. water
- 1 C. shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Cook rice per box directions.
2. In skillet, cook meat until no longer pink. Drain. Add cottage cheese, spices, and rice.
3. Stuff into uncooked manicotti shells. Arrange in 9x13-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Combine spaghetti sauce and water; pour over shells. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 75 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese melted.