Egg, Spinach & Two Cheese Crustless Quiche
What's in a name? In the case of this egg, spinach and two cheese crustless quiche, you could call it an egg casserole, breakfast casserole, even a frittata. In our house, we use the generic term 'eggy cheesy thing'.
- Cooking spray (canola or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 7 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 10 large eggs
- 7 ounces low-fat mozzarella cheese, grated or shredded
- 2 tablespoons half n half
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoons low-fat Romano or asiago cheese, grated
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a casserole dish by spraying with cooking spray.
In a nonstick frying pan, heat the olive oil, and sauté the onion for 2 minutes. Add the spinach, and stir for 2 minutes, until the spinach wilts. Spread the spinach mixture in the bottom of the casserole dish.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy. Then, stir in all of the remaining ingredients. Pour the mixture into the casserole dish. With a fork, stir gently, here and there, to bring some of the spinach to the surface.
Bake for 35 minutes, until the casserole is lightly browned and a bit puffy. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before eating.
Can be made up to one day ahead. Cool, cover and refrigerate. To reheat, uncover and place in a 350°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Or, cut into individual portions and reheat in the microwave.
You'll also love
- Lemon-Onion Chicken - 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken: Spanish Chicken and... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Black Pepper Fettuccine with... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Spinach, Feta, and Tarragon... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Apple Pie Everclear 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Wild Rice & Toasted Almond Pilaf 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pesto Lasagna with... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Turkey Waldorf Sandwich 4.5/5 (4 Votes)