- 3 pints ripe blackberries
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups + 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour, divided
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. bourbon or 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. salt, divided
- 6 tbsp. cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, divided
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 80mins
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Combine berries, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tbsp. flour; toss gently. Add zest and lemon juice, bourbon, cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. salt and 3 tbsp. butter; toss gently. Spoon fruit mixture into a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
Combine remaining flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in remaining butter with a pastry blender or two knives until testure resembles coarse meal. Stir in buttermilk until mixture begins to hold together. Drop dough by large spoonfuls over top of berries.
Place dish on a rimmed baking sheet and bake 45 to 50 minutes, until topping is golden brown and berries are bubbly.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (886 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (890 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (497 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (210 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)