Orecchiette with Cauliflower
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 lb orecchiette or other short pasta
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2 lbs) trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 5 min. less than pkg instructions for al dente; add cauliflower. Cook until pasta is al dente and cauliflower is tender, 5 min. Reserve 1 cup cooking liquid. Drain pasta mixture; set aside.
2. In same pot, heat oil over med; add garlic, red pepper flakes. Cook until garlic is fragrant, about 1 min.
3. Add pasta mixture, cheese and 1/2 cup reserved cooking liquid; season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat, adding more cooking liquid if necessary to thin sauce. Add parsley; toss. Serve topped with additional cheese.