Fresh Herb-Marinated Lamb Kebabs
We made these for Meg's Retirement Party in January 2010.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs lamb tenderloin, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 red onions, cut into chunks
Combine all ingredients except lamb and onion in a large ziplock plastic bag. Add lamb and seal. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes (overnight works well).
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Soak bamboo skewers in water.
Remove lamb from bag and discard marinade. Thread lamb and red onion onto 12 skewers. Grill 2 minutes on each side or until done.