Hot Chocolate Fudge Cakes
- 3.4 oz all-purpose flour (about 3/4 cup)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 5 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (2.6 oz) bar dark (71% cocoa) chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Shift flour, cocoa, espresso powder, baking powder & salt together.
Place butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed 1 minute. Add granulated & brown sugars, beating until well blended (about 5 mins). Add egg substitute and vanilla, beating until well blended. Fold flour mixture into sugar mixture; fold in chocolate. Divide batter evenly among 10 (4 oz) ramekins; arrange ramekins on a jelly-roll pan. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or up to 2 days.
Preheat oven to 350. Let ramekins stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Uncover and bake for 21 minutes or until cakes are puffy and slightly crusty on top. Sprinkle evenly with powdered sugar; serve immediately.
Per cake: 260 calories, 8.2g fat, 5.1g protein, 43.9g carbs, 1.8g fiber, 12mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 63mg calcium.