- 1 pkg. phyllo pastry, thawed and wrapped in a damp dish towel
- vegetable oil, for brushing the pastries
- 3 large potatoes, boiled and roughly mashed
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup onion, diced fine
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 2 tsp. garam marsala
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon mango powder (amchur)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut each sheet of filo pastry in half lengthwise and fold each piece in half lengthwise to give 28 thin strips. Lightly brush with oil.
Toss all filling ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until they are well blended. Adjust the seasoning with salt and lemon juice if necessary.
Using one strip of the pastry at a time, place 1 Tbl of the filling mixture at one end and fold the pastry diagonally over. Continue folding to form a triangle shape. Brush the samosas with oil. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.