BAKED BURGUNDY BEEF STEW
- 2 lbs beef top round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 (14.5 oz) can ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can pasta-style chunky tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 Tbsps water
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
Heat oven to 325 degrees.
In large bowl, combine beef and ¼ cup flour; toss to coat evenly.
Heat oil in ovenproof Dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef; cook and stir until browned. Add all remaining ingredients except water and 1 Tablespoon flour; mix well. Cover.
Bake for 1 ½ hours or until beef is fork-tender. In small bowl, combine water and 1 Tablespoon flour; beat with wire whisk until smooth. Add to stew; stir gently to mix.
Bake an additional 30 minutes or until thickened.