Chocolate Snowball Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 3/4 cup HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Toffee Bits
- 60 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar for rolling
Adapted from hersheys.com
Beat butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until blended. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda; add with milk to butter mixture until well blended. Stir in nuts and toffee bits.
Refrigerate until firm enough to handle, at least 2 hours. Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease. Remove wrappers from chocolates. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Press chocolate piece into each ball, covering completely with dough. Reshape into balls; place on prepared cookie sheet.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely; roll in powdered sugar.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies.