Ice Cream Treasures
- 4 cups Rice Krispies, slightly crushed
- 1 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 1 cup toasted sweetened flake coconut
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 qts vanilla ice cream, softened
- Prepared caramel sauce, optional
1. In a large bowl, mix together cereal, toasted almonds, toasted coconut, brown sugar and butter. Press half of the mixture into the bottom of a 13x9x2" baking dish and chill slightly. Spoon softened ice cream over chilled crust and press evenly, using waxed paper and your hands. Top with remaining cereal mixture. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
2. To serve, cut into 8 equal squares. cut each square diagonally into triangles. Drizzle with caramel sauce if desired.