- 1 pound green tomatoes sliced half-moons
- 1 green bell pepper julienned
- 2 medium zucchini sliced half-moons
- 1 yellow onion halved, sliced thin
- 1 jalepeño julienned
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
Prepare vegetables, add 1/2-cup salt and allow to sit overnight.
Drain vegetables and place in heatproof bowl. Place remaining ingredients in saucepan and heat to boil. Pour over vegetables and allow to cool.
Refrigerate and serve as needed, keeps for about 2 weeks.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 serving.