Peruvian Fish And Shrimp Ceviche
- 1 pound medium shrimp - (16/20 ct) peeled, cleaned
- 2 pounds meaty white fish, like sea bass boned, and cut into large dice
- 1 red onion minced
- 1 piece ginger peeled, minced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 habanero or Scotch bonnet minced (no seeds or ribs)
- 1 celery rib minced
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 5 lemons juiced
- 5 limes juiced
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 2 corn ears grilled with husk on
Boil salted water. Have ice water ready on the side. Poach shrimp for just 30 seconds and cool in ice water and drain.
Combine with fish and toss with onion, ginger, garlic, hot pepper, celery, salt, and black pepper. Allow to cool in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes up to 2 hours.
Add juices and refrigerate 1 hour. Finish with cilantro and corn, check seasoning and serve in a martini glass.
This recipe yields 8 to 12 servings.