These Baked Nachos come together quickly and are a family favorite. Enjoy!
- 4 to 6 large handfuls of your favorite tortilla chips
- 1 pound ground chuck or ground turkey
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 (6-ounce) brick Monterey Jack cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 can refried beans, heated until very hot
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Optional toppings*
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Pre-heat broiler on high.
Place the ground chuck or turkey in a preheated pan over medium heat, season with salt and pepper and cook through. Once completely cooked add a 1/4 cup of salsa and stir. Turn down the heat to low to keep warm.
While the ground chuck is cooking start to heat refried beans over medium-low heat until bubbly.
Place half of the chips on a foil lined baking sheet and cover with a third of the cheese. Place under the broiler for 3-4 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Next spread the hot beans over the chips and cheese and add the rest of the chips forming a single layer again. Top with the ground beef and then with the remaining cheese. Place under the broiler for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Lastly top with your favorite toppings and serve! Enjoy!
If you want your toppings baked in the nacho, add them on top of the second layer of cheese before placing them under the broiler!
*Optional: Other topping ideas include sliced black olives, white or red onions, jalapeno rings, guacamole, cilantro, fresh lime juice or your favorite hot sauce.
You'll also love
- Autumn Brittle 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Baked Potato Soup 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Ina Garten's Blue Cheese Souffle' 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Swiss Potatoes 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Hoppy Easter Bunny Dirt Cake 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Hot & Spicy Buffalo Shrimp Dip 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Crab and Artichoke Dip 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Whipped Ricotta with Lemon and... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)