Apple Pie Filling
- 4 1/2 C. sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 C. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 10 C. water
1. Mix all ingredients and cook on medium heat; stirring frequently until thickened & bubbly. Turn off heat and add 3 T. lemon juice; stir.
2. Peel, core, and slice apples to fill 7 jars up to or just below neck of jars.
3. Place lids in warm water.
4. Fill with sauce below rings of jars. Wipe off tops of jars.
5. Place lid and ring on jars. Place jars in canner. Fill canner with water to necks of jars. Use lid.
6. Cook on med-high to boil over tops of jars. Turn heat down and continue to boil for 20 minutes. Turn heat off. Let jars sit in canner for at least 2 hours. Crack lid to canner and let sit another 30 minutes before removing jars from canner.