Roasted Chicken With Rosemary
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (butter preferred)
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 whole roasting chicken - (5 to 6 all-purpose potatoes quartered)
- 6 carrots cut 2" pieces, and halved lengthwise
- 2 medium onions quartered
Note: You can double the first 6 ingredients so 1/2 goes on the chicken, and the other 1/2 goes on the vegetables.
In a small sauce pan, melt butter. Add rosemary, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Place chicken in a roasting pan; tie drumsticks together. Spoon 1/2 of the butter mixture over chicken. Place the vegetables around chicken. Drizzle remaining butter mixture over vegetables.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours, basting every 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 1 hour longer or until juices run clear, basting occasionally.
This recipe yields 6 servings.