Veal – Paillards with Mushroom, Mustard and Sherry Sauce
- 4 Veal Paillards
- Salt and pepper
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 T plus 3T more unsalted butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 T minced shallot
- 3 T medium-dry sherry
- 2 T Grainy mustard
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 T finely chopped fresh chives
Season paillards on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat extra-virgin olive oil and 1T unsalted butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until butter foams. Add 2 paillards, and sauté on 1 side until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip and sauté paillards until cooked through, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining paillards.
Add sliced mushrooms, minced shallot, and 1T unsalted butter to skillet, and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until mushrooms are golden, about 2 minutes. Add medium-dry sherry and grainy mustard, and deglaze the pan, scraping brown bits from bottom with a wooden spoon. Add chicken stock and any plate juices. Simmer until sauce reduces by half, about 3 minutes. Gradually stir in 2T cold unsalted butter (cut into small pieces) until just melted, and sprinkle with fresh chives. Season to taste.
Serve with potatoes.
You'll also love
- Ham and Cheese Ziti 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken and Noodles Skillet 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Crème Brûlée 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rice, Spinach and Cheese casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Pork Loin Stuffed with Dried... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Barbecue Sauce, Pork Roast -... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cucumber Mushroom Cumin Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Duck Pizza with Hoisin and... 0/5 (0 Votes)