Pork Tenderloin With Parmesan Wine Crust
- 6 slices pork tenderloin, 1/4" thick
- Flour for dusting
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
Pound pork slices until thin and lightly dust with flour and pepper. Sauté in 2 tablespoons butter over moderately-high heat quickly, one minuter per side. Place in baking dish. Add shallots to pan, sauté until soft. Add wine and deglaze pan, and add to baking dish.
Mix Parmesan, remaining butter, and bread crumbs. Remove and make into a "log" roll (about the size of tenderloins). Cut into slices, top each tenderloin with a slice. Pour wine into baking pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
This recipe yields 2 servings.