- SALMON PATTIES
- 1 can Pink Salmon
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (OPTIONAL)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- pinch red cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs or crushed saltines
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
In a mixing bowl, flake salmon with a fork and stir in green pepper, onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice and cayenne. Add the lightly beaten egg, parsley, paprika, garlic powder and 1/2 of the bread crumbs. Using clean hands, roll the mixture, meatball style into 7-8 balls.
In a dish, spread the remaining bread crumbs. Roll the balls in the bread crumbs, flattening into cakes 1/2" to 3/4" thick. Fry cakes until golden brown in a skillet with 1-2 tablespoons light olive oil or peanut oil with 1-2 tablespoons butter melted in.
In a lightly buttered skillet over medium heat, fry cakes until golden brown on both sides.
Serve with Lemon Sauce, tartar sauce, or seafood cocktail sauce, garnished with lemon wedges.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)
- Grilled Fish Tacos 4.5/5 (128 Votes)