- SALMON PATTIES
- 1 can Pink Salmon
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (OPTIONAL)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- pinch red cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs or crushed saltines
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
In a mixing bowl, flake salmon with a fork and stir in green pepper, onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice and cayenne. Add the lightly beaten egg, parsley, paprika, garlic powder and 1/2 of the bread crumbs. Using clean hands, roll the mixture, meatball style into 7-8 balls.
In a dish, spread the remaining bread crumbs. Roll the balls in the bread crumbs, flattening into cakes 1/2" to 3/4" thick. Fry cakes until golden brown in a skillet with 1-2 tablespoons light olive oil or peanut oil with 1-2 tablespoons butter melted in.
In a lightly buttered skillet over medium heat, fry cakes until golden brown on both sides.
Serve with Lemon Sauce, tartar sauce, or seafood cocktail sauce, garnished with lemon wedges.