Pork Confit With Onion Marmalade
- 1/2 head green cabbage
- 1 pork loin roast or pork roast tenderloin
- 2 medium onions thinly sliced
- Olive oil as needed
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1/4 cup diced dried dates
- 1 medium apple peeled, diced
- Chicken stock if needed
Thinly slice 1/2 head green cabbage. Blanch in boiling water 2 minutes, drain and reserve.
Saute onion in olive oil until soft. Add vinegar, sherry, dates, and apples, cook until fruit is soft. Add chicken stock if necessary to obtain desired consistency.
Cook a pork loin roast (3 pounds at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 to 2 hours), or pan saute sliced pork tenderloin.
Cook reserved cabbage slices in a little olive oil until soft but crunchy.
Plate up: Mound cabbage on plate, fan pork slices over and top with marmalade. Sprinkle parsley on top or a sprig of fresh sage for garnish.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Cheese & Onion Enchiladas with... 4.4/5 (144 Votes)
- Shrimp Delight 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scallops With Maple Mustard Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chipotle Shrimp, Black Bean-Quinoa... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Veal 0/5 (0 Votes)
- London Broil Turkey 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Leeks, Sweet Peppers And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Delicata Squash With Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)