- 2 pounds ground veal
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs beaten lightly
- 2 teaspoons finely-minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano (or 1 tspn dried oregano, crumbled)
- 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- Juice of 1 lemon or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Assorted vegetables for the kabobs as desired (such as green or red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, and onion, a
- Vegetable oil as needed
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a bowl combine the veal, parsley, bread crumbs, eggs, garlic, gingerroot, coriander, oregano, herbes de Provence, lemon pepper, lemon juice, and salt. With dampened hands, form the mixture into meatballs, each about 2 inches in diameter.
Arrange 4 meatballs interspersed with vegetables of choice, except tomatoes, on six long skewers and place in a baking pan. Brush kabobs with vegetable oil.
Bake the kabobs for 20 minutes, or until juices run clear. If desired, add cherry tomatoes and place under a preheated broiler about 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes, turning, until golden brown.
This recipe yields 6 servings.