Devilish Cocoa Sandwiches
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 can (12 ounces) whipped vanilla frosting
Adapted from recipe.com
1. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a medium-size bowl. Whisk to blend. Stir in buttermilk, egg and melted butter. Stir with a wooden spoon until just blended.
3. Spoon some of the mixture into a large resealable plastic bag. Snip a 1/2-inch corner from the bag. Pipe 3-1/2 x 1-inch logs, about 2 inches apart, on prepared pan, about 12 per pan. Bake until firm to the touch, 12 to 14 minutes. Transfer to wire rack and let cool completely.
4. Spoon the frosting into a second resealable bag. Snip a 1/2-inch corner from the bag. Pipe some of the frosting onto the flat side of half of the cookies. Sandwich with another cookie, flat side against frosting. Continue with remaining cookies and frosting.
Calories 348, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 33 mg, Sodium 219 mg, Carbohydrate 53 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 4 g.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet