Baked Apple Pie Ice Cream Bowls
Now, if you are a civilized human, you can go at this delicious Baked Apple Pie Ice Cream Bowl with a knife and fork. But if not, you’ll pick it up and eat it like the ice cream filled Apple Pie Taco was born to be eaten. The second option is way better, but you’ll need lots of napkins. Enjoy!
- 3 granny smith apples (granny smith hold their shape the best, other apples will likely get soggy, but still taste great)
- Cinnamon & Brown sugar
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
Cut the apples in half the wrong way (as in, the way that seems to be counter to all of your apple cutting instincts, side to side, not top to bottom.).
Use a mellon baller to remove most of the center, leaving about 1/2 inch of the walls in tact.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray.
Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon, rub in. Really, there isn’t a need to measure the amounts but if you are a “I MUST MEASURE!” person, count on about 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon and 2 teaspoons brown sugar per apple half. But really, just sprinkle, you’ll do fine.
Place apples, cut side down, on the baking sheet.
Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Cut into six equal sized squares.
Cover each apples with puff pastry and roll the excess pastry around the apples to resemble a pie crust.
Brush with melted butter and cut two or three small slits with a sharp knife.
Bake at 375 until puff pastry has turned golden brown, about 18 to 20 minutes.
Fill with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
You'll also love
- Paleo Apple Almond Muffins 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Cajun Chicken Pasta 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Apple Crumble 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Mango Chicken Curry 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Strawberry-Banana Cheesecake Salad 4.3/5 (44 Votes)
- Tender Slow-Cooker Mushroom Lamb... 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Roast Turkey with Truffle Butter... 4.6/5 (21 Votes)