Irish Blarney Stone Bars
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 each eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup English toffee, crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 3/4 cup prepared vanilla frosting
PREHEAT oven to 350.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, milk, and vanilla. Set aside.
IN a small bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, and salt. Add to the creamed mixture. Fold in toffee and pecans.
SPREAD into a greased 9 inch square pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
ADD food coloring to frosting. Spread over bars and cut into diamond shapes.