Rum Raisin Butterscotch Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
I took a Recipe from Ina Garten and added a few things and created a great cookie. These Rum Raisin Butterscotch Pecan Oatmeal Cookies are prefect for any occasion!
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 extra large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup golden rum
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1/4 cup butterscotch bits
- 3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 heaping teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place pecans on a cookie sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and Chop very coarsely once cooled.
In a 2 cup measuring cup, measure 1 cup of raisins and cover with rum(about 1/2 cup). Let sit for about 30 minutes or so.
In a mixing bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together into a medium bowl. Set aside.
Pour out the raisin-rum through a sieve and reserve the liquid. Add 1/2 cup more raisins to the pre-soaked raisins and set aside.
Add eggs to sugar-butter mixture one at a time. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and one teaspoon of the reserved rum. Mix well.
With the mixer on low speed add the flour mixer. Once it is incorporated add the oats, raisins, pecans and butterscotch bits and mix just until combined.
Using a small ice-cream scoop drop 2-inch mounds of dough onto sheet pans lined with parchment paper. Bake for 13-17 minutes, until lightly browned and edges are brown. Transfer the cookies to a baking rack and cool completely.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cherry Cheese Torte 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Piselli Alla Romana (Roman Green... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sourdough Raisin Walnut Bread 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Rum and Raisin Baked Tapioca... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Impossibly Easy Mini Blue... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Mounds Bars with just 3 ingredients 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Delicious Banana Chocolate Chip... 4/5 (1 Votes)