Graham Cracker Crunch Topping
A warm graham cracker crunch to top your favorite ice cream.
- 3squares3 squares graham crackers, crumbled
- 1/4cup1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8tsp.1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2Tbsp.2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1tsp.1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2Tbsp.2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1dash1 dash salt
1. To make graham cracker crumbs: Place graham cracker squares into a large plastic bag, and using a rolling pin, crush crackers into crumbs.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Butter an 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
4. In a small mixing bowl, mix together crumbled graham crackers, brown sugar and cinnamon. Combine with melted butter and vanilla, mix well and spread evenly in prepared pan. Sprinkle sugar and salt over the top.
5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool slightly, then put on top of your favorite ice cream.
Note: If you want to put this on chocolate ice cream, try using orange or mint extract rather than vanilla - also, when using chocolate ice cream, it may be better to omit the cinnamon