- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 3 eggs, whisked
- All-purpose flour, for breading
- 2 cups Italian-style breadcrumbs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package frozen ravioli (about 9 ounces)
- Grated Romano cheese, for coating ravioli
- Chopped fresh parsley, for coating ravioli
- Favorite marinara sauce, for serving
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
1. Heat 4 inches of oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350 degrees F.
2. Set up a breading station with the eggs, flour and breadcrumbs in separate shallow bowls. Season the breadcrumbs with salt and pepper. Working one at a time, dip the frozen ravioli into the egg mixture, then into the flour, back into the egg mixture and finally into the breadcrumbs. Set on a plate and repeat with the remaining ravioli.
3. Working in batches, fry the ravioli until golden brown, flipping if necessary and making sure they are not overcrowded or overlapping, about 2 minutes. Drain on a paper towel.
4. While still hot, coat with some Romano and fresh parsley. Serve with your favorite marinara sauce.