Lemon Ricotta Parmesan Pasta with Spinach & Grilled Chicken
Lemon ricotta parmesan pasta with spinach and grilled chicken is a delicious combination of flavors that will have you wanting more!
- 1 pound grilled chicken breasts, sliced into strips*
- 1 pound dry linguine, fettucine or spaghetti
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 6 ounce fresh baby spinach, steamed just until beginning to wilt
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups part skim ricotta
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan, plus more for serving
Adapted from cookingclassy.com
Cook pasta in salted water according to directions listed on package, reserve 1 cup pasta water before draining pasta.
Drain water (reserve 1 cup) and return pasta to pot. Set pot over medium-low heat and add olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, ricotta, 1/2 cup hot reserved pasta water and parmesan and toss to evenly coat.
Add in more pasta water as desired to thin and season with salt and pepper to taste, cook and toss, about 2 minutes, until ricotta is heated through. Toss in spinach and grilled chicken.
Serve warm topped with more parmesan if desired.
You'll also love
- Cranberry-Orange Simple Syrup 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Greek Yogurt & Olive Oil Orange... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Zucchini, Squash and Corn Casserole 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Spinach-Feta Turnovers 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Gnocchi and Meatball Bake 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Mushroom Marsala Gnocchi 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Spinach Tortellini Soup 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Lemon-y Baked Ricotta 4.3/5 (9 Votes)