Endive and Citrus Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette
The happy surprises in this juicy citrus salad from chef Erin French are the aromatic tarragon and the warm bacon dressing.
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 Ruby Red grapefruits
- 2 blood oranges
- 1 navel orange
- 1 tangerine
- 6 Belgian endives, leaves separated
- 4 slices cooked bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped tarragon
- Mesclun greens, for garnish (optional)
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from food & wine.com
In a small saucepan, combine the shallot and vinegar and let stand for 10 minutes. Whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, using a very sharp knife, peel the grapefruits, oranges and tangerine, being sure to remove all of the bitter white pith. Working over a large bowl to catch the juices, cut the navel orange and tangerine in between the membranes to release the sections. Slice the grapefruits and blood oranges into rounds, then cut into quarters. Arrange the endives and the citrus on a large platter.
Bring the dressing to a simmer over moderate heat. Remove from the heat and add the bacon. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and top with the tarragon and mesclun, if using.
You'll also love
- BLT Potato Salad 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Lamb Burger with Herbed Yogurt and... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Lemon Chicken Breasts 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Arugula, Melon and Prosciutto Salad 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken Cutlets Grilled in... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Pork Tacos 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Pork Cutlets With Sautéed Peppers... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Apple Orchard Dump Cake 5/5 (2 Votes)