Black-Eyed Pea Salad
- 4 cups black-eyed peas cooked, drained
- 1 cup white onion cut small dice
- 1 1/2 cups red pepper cut medium dice
- 1 cup Kalamata olives pitted, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped picked fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup chopped picked flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lime zested
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
Mix dressing in a separate bowl and pour over salad. Adjust with salt and pepper, to taste.
Salad is best when made a day ahead.
This recipe yields 10 to 12 servings.