Slow Ball Clam Dip
Servings: 12 servings
Clam dip is a great appetizer that all your guest will rave about! They will coming back for seconds!
- 1 (24 ounce) large round French Loaf
- 2 packages 8 oz each cream cheese, softened
- 3 cans 6.5 oz each chopped clams, reserve 1/4 c liquid
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 tablespoons beer
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Cut top from the French bread and set aside. Hollow loaf, leaving 1 1/2 to 2 inch shell; cut removed bread into cubes. Set both aside. In large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the clams, the reserved clam juice, onion, beer, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, pepper sauce and salt until well blended. On baking sheet make a cross with 2 sheets of foil, long enough to cover the bread. Center the bread on the foil, pour clam mixture into the shell; cover with the bread top that was set aside. Wrap with the foil. Bake in preheated oven at 250 for 3 hours. Remove top and sprinkle with parsley if desired. If you want you can toast the cubes of bread in oven during the last 5 minutes of baking time.