Chicken with Potatoes, Artichokes, Olives and Garlic
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 whole chickens, about 6 lbs., cut up and skinned or chicken thighs and drumsticks, with bones but skinned). Brine chicken for 3 hours or overnight before preparing.
- 1 1/2 lbs. russet potatoes cut into wedges or small red potatoes whole, with skins
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 2 (15 oz.) cans whole artichoke hearts, cut in halves
- 1 (8 oz.) jar pitted kalamata olives or other olives
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 t. each of dried oregano, salt. Pepper to taste
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 whole lemon, cut into quarters
- 1 cup white wine
1. Heat oven to 350degrees. Heat olive oil in large Dutch oven or roasting pan over medium high heat. Brown skinned chicken in batches on both sides.
2. Add potatoes, onions, artichoke hearts, olives, lemon slices, garlic and spices. Squeeze lemon juice and wine mixture over all.
3. Cover. Cook in oven 1 hour. Remove lid and cook about half hour, until chicken and vegetables are tender and liquid is reduced.
You'll also love
- Baked Spaghetti Squash Carbonara 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Strawberry marble Cake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Country Corn Souffle 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Oven Roasted Smoked Sausage and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cheese and Garlic (Pull Apart)... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Linguine with Garlic, Olive Oil... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spaghetti with Artichokes &... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Pacific Cod With Olives... 5/5 (1 Votes)